Splurge or Steal / Alexander McQueen Embroidered Boots

8:30 PM

Alexander McQueen $1,138 (On Sale)                     Shellys London at Forever 21 $74

I've been a sucker for embellished shoes for years. Since I have a love for tailored, monochromatic outfits, I'm always looking for a way to add just a touch of texture and color to what I'm wearing. Shoes can be crazy, but when paired with a basic outfit, they don't look so over-the-top while at the same time they are adding some personality and character to what you are wearing.

These embroidered Alexander McQueen booties are definitely eye-catching, but at $1,138 on sale, so is their price. The delicate embroidery and beading on the suede are perfect to pair with an evening look, but the round toe and laces make them perfect for pairing with jeans just as nicely.

I have to admit that these were not an easy match for a dupe even though I thought they would be. Before I started looking for a pair close to the McQueen's, it seemed like I had seen similar pairs everywhere. Maybe I waited too long to look into the season, but I did finally find this pair from Shellys London at Forever 21. These are not an extreme budget catch at $74, which does surprise me from Forever 21. Does anyone know if they are trying to change their footprint and offer higher end products? The booties do have a more casual feel with the platform and wedge heel. However, the embroidery is beautiful, and the hidden back zipper adds a tailored touch. The chunky heel is more practical for extended wear times, too.

I recently linked up to the #SaturdayShareLinkUp. Please visit some of the other great bloggers who link there too.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I also have a thing for embellished boots and shoes. These booties are so amazing! I noticed as well recently that Forever 21 prices seemed much higher than I would have expected. Not sure what is going on with that. But I do know that Charlotte Russe offers an amazing selection of fun boots and shoes at really affordable prices. You can probably find some great dupes there!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook