July Favorites - J Crew, Iris and Ink, Trench Coat, Kimono, H&M

11:30 PM

White Blouse: H&M
Trench: MANGO
Suit Blazer: J Crew
Suite Pants: J Crew
Tee Shirt: Iris and Ink

It's been a scorcher of a month so far, but it's about to get rainy in my area, so I'm taking stock of my favorite pieces and working on putting together light layers. These are some of my current favorites:

Tops

This white eyelet blouse from H&M is perfect to wear with jeans, shorts or skirts and go either to the beach or to the office. The peplum means wear it with something fitted like a pencil skirt or skinny jeans.

The Iris and Ink white tee shirt is just a good basic layering piece in the softest finish imaginable. If you are like me, I'm always looking for my next perfect white tee.

Light Outer Layers

I have bought into the kimono trend in a big way. They are colorful, soft, light and flattering. I wear them most often with jeans and a tee.

For days when you need a little something more substantial, this MANGO trench is still one of my favorites. I paired the khaki version of it previously here for a work outfit. Now I'm liking the black version to wear either casually or for a more formal work outfit.

Speaking of work outfits, this blazer from J Crew is the ultimate summer suit option. Instead of the usual summer seersucker, this version is a lighter very thin pinstripe in sky blue. This blazer looks very summery, but when paired with a light cashmere sweater and a blouse underneath, it will be a very transitional piece for fall. If you want to make it work for fall, try sizing up to make it comfortable with the multiple layers.

Trousers


I don't usually like matchy-matchy even in suits, but I do like the matching pinstripe pant that pairs with the J Crew blazer mainly because the pants are so different from the usual suit panting. The ultra-wide leg is flowing and makes the outfit flexible enough to work for the office, brunch or a day wedding.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook