Product of the Day - Marc Jacobs Beauty

1:21 PM


Marc Jacobs Beauty

I know I usually only pick one product to focus on when I do a post about beauty here, but this new line is so good, I couldn't pick just one thing.  There had been a lot of fanfare about the coming of Marc Jacobs Beauty, and I kept wondering, "How good can it really be?  Will it be worth the price?"  Now there are some amazing reasonably priced brands out there right now who are doing so many things right.  You may have seen my recent Instagram shots of a Pixi pallet that I'm just in love with right now.  Knowing that you can get good things at reasonable prices makes me very leery of higher end brands that don't deliver anything more than their name.


I started off slow with this brand only going in for Strange Magic Lip Gel.  Even as I'm sitting here, I struggle with words to describe this product.  It's truly like to no other lipstick I've used before.  It's like a butter but a thick, creamy butter that doesn't leave your lips overly slick.  It feels like a deep moisture cream for your lips with a huge amount of pigment.  It's not glossy, but at the same time, it's not matte.

Emboldened by how much I was liking the Lip Gel, I splurged on the Lolita Eyeshadow palette.  The first thing I have to say is that the packaging on this is just gorgeous.  If you can't afford to buy Marc Jacobs clothes, buying this palette would give you the feeling of luxury that comes from buying hi-end. I only wear neutrals on my eyes, so the Lolita palette had the best colors for me.  These are hugely pigmented: a little goes a long way.  They are extremely easy to work with and blend, and the colors are truly lovely.  They are better than the Urban Decay Naked palettes in my opinion.

As far as the foundation, concealer, lip gloss, and concealer go, I've only tried each of those one time as samples from Sephora.  I'd like to try another sample of the foundation and concealer prior to making up my mind on those.  I will probably purchase the gloss or nail polish myself next.  I just received a sample of the Highliner Gel Eye Crayon, and my first impression of it is that the packaging is beautiful.  It's a really true, dark black with great smudging properties, but once it's on, it is on, which is a very good thing.  Overall, I think they've done an amazing job on this line.  Dior is still my favorite hi-end brand, but this could be giving it a run for the money.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook