Casual Outfit of the Day

1:38 PM

Tee: Joie
Necklace: Kenneth Jay Lane
Wedges: Via Spiga

I recently got in something of a funk thinking that my days to wear a strapless dress were over.  I was in this funk because I saw the daughters both wearing casual strapless dresses, and I could not remember ever having one in-my-whole-entire-life.  How did I miss out on this?  A few days later I was cleaning out my closet and found an old Bebe blouse that had a faux cummerbund front over a long-sleeve white blouse.  Hmmmm, could I do the same thing myself for a strapless?  So off I went to hunt down the perfect strapless dress for layering.  I originally thought of black but decided I didn't want it to come off as a formal dress with a tee underneath.  This beige dress is the perfect daytime weight when paired with one of my all-time favorite tees from Joie.  I know this tee is something of an investment, but Joie's tees are simply the softest, best tees you will ever own.  The huge Kenneth Jay Lane statement necklace adds color and texture, and I love that the butterfly on the belt seems to be an extension of the necklace hitting at tassel level.  The wedges keep it on the casual side.  Any other shoe might be too dressy ruining the look, but you could wear it with a short brown boot to give it more edge.  


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook