Product of the Day / Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour

9:10 AM







The last time I did a product of the day post it was for Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick Eye Colour. That product is truly a timesaving, one step method to easy but finished eye looks for everyday. Today I'm gushing about the Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour.

One of the hardest things about loving fashion and beauty and reconciling that to ageing is when you see a trend that is fabulous, but you realize it probably won't work for you. I know that there are some who throw caution to the wind and just go for it claiming, "Age is just a number," and "I dress for me!" But we all have seen examples of this in the grocery store; it may work for some and bless them, but I want to continue presenting myself with some grace and style in an age-appropriate way.

So if, kind reader, you share my goal (which, I hope, is why you are here), let's talk about matte lipstick.

It's everywhere. It seems like a great idea. It generally does not work on mature, dry lips with age lines around them. Period.

But have you tried Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour? Ah, you haven't. It is long-wearing; I wouldn't say it's wear all day, but it is long wearing. And it is MOISTURIZING. I'm not kidding. The brand describes it as a satin matte, and when you are wearing it, it does feel moister than a matte but not slick. It is very smooth, and the velour description of the name is a somewhat accurate description of how it feels when you rub your lips together. Since it is moisturizing, it does not dry or chap your lips like most matte lipsticks, and it's very lightweight. When I've tried matte before, it drives me crazy because I can always feel it, and it really feels like it's making my lips even smaller as it sucks the moisture out of them, so this is a pleasant difference.

I've chosen the color Sensual, which is what is always described as the pinkish brown color that is your lips just better. I do still like to wear color on my lips, but for an everyday shade for the office or running errands, this is more flattering than a stark nude, which can make your teeth look yellow (unless you are a strict whitener), and it goes with everything, so you don't need to worry if your lips are clashing with your sweater.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook