Office Outfit of the Day

9:59 PM

Blazer: Rebecca Taylor
Pants: Vanessa Bruno
Sweater: Clements Ribeiro
Pumps: Kate Spade
Bracelet: MintStyle
Handbag: Kate Spade

I recently had an important meeting with a potential corporate client, and just like everyone else, I couldn't figure out what to wear.  Should I wear an all-business black suit with a white blouse paired with sensible black pumps and briefcase?  If I wore that would they think that I'm too boring and plain for a stylist?  Should I wow them with bright colors and something avant-garde?  If I did that, would they think I was too over the top for their professional business?  I decided to go with something tailored, feminine, but edgy and to make sure that I had a least a little bit of color to be eye-catching.  The blazer's leather trim provides some edge but maintains a traditional tailored cut.  The pumps and handbag are traditional too, but the chains on the bracelet are bold as are the stripes on the cashmere sweater.  Remember that important meetings or job interviews are not the time to scrimp on budget clothes.  You want to show that you are investing in your best asset: you.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook