Splurge or Steal - Dolce & Gabbana Embellished T-Shirt

8:37 AM



Imagine my surprise when I was looking at the new releases for the Dolce & Gabbana daywear collection for fall, and I thought that I had taken a giant step back to the 80s. Embellished t-shirts everywhere  - I mean like the kind I used to make myself with a hot glue gun, swap meet t-shirts and old buttons and rhinestones. 

This embellished tee is actually one of the more demure selections, having only a patch, buttons, and stitching around the neckline and hem. I’m not sure still if it’s exactly wearable and with a price tag of $975, if you like the style and want to take the trip back to the past, you might be looking for another option. 

As I was searching for a steal version, I just could not commit to going all in on this trend. This is a pre-fall release for Dolce & Gabbana that it only available on pre-order, but they’ve been doing these embellished tees for a while now. I haven’t really seen more reasonably priced brands jump on the bandwagon, nor have I seen anyone sporting the originals either. But they keep producing them, so I made it my mission to find something to dup it. 

This Miss Selfridge version is much more wearable, and doesn’t look like you found that t-shirt that had fallen behind the drawer inside your dresser. The rose print is embroidered and not printed, meaning that for $32, you won’t have to worry about washing and getting cracking of the print. The embroidery is delicate enough to pair with a pencil skirt or trousers for a day at the office, jeans for running around town on the weekend, or a maxi skirt or even a mini for date night. 


I may not have found an exact dup, but, in this case, that could be a good thing. I think I found a much more reasonable, wearable version of a trend. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook