Splurge or Steal / Scalloped Fendi Bag

12:54 PM



A few months ago I found a Fendi ad for a beige and light blue bag with floral appliqué and embellishments. I ripped the ad out of the magazine and put it in my file of inspiration photos. This week when I was figuring out what I should post for Splurge or Steal, I pulled out the picture to see if the bag was still available. As I start thinking about heavier winter outfits, I like to have a touch of something lighter or unexpected, and I thought a light floral bag would be perfect to pair with some heavier winter knits. Unfortunately, I can’t find the bag available anywhere, but this grey metallic bag is now selling. It doesn’t have the lovely little flowers, but those studs are a good trade off.

As I started searching for a good steal version, I remembered a scalloped-edge Kate Spade bag not that long ago, but that also seems to no longer be available, and it was a tote anyway. This Ted Baker bag via ASOS has a much more similar style to the Fendi. And dare I say I prefer this pink over the grey?

Both bags are leather. Both have chain hardware. Both have a scalloped edge on the flap. Personally, I would get a lot more use out of a pink bag than a metallic one even with the darker palettes of Autumn and winter. I also prefer the pearls and crystal studs on the Ted Baker over the multi-color ABS studs on the Fendi. Ironic that that is one of the features that drew me to the bag in the first place. 




And finally there is the price. At $324 combined with the fact that ASOS almost always has a discount code available, the $2300 Fendi really can’t compete.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook