Splurge or Steal - Feathered Mules

10:21 AM

Alberta Ferretti Feather Mules $925.                                    Jeffrey Campbell Feathered Slide $129.95


I’ve seen these Alberta Ferretti mules floating around for awhile (get it - floating - because they have feathers), but when I first saw them, I wasn’t too interested because it was the middle of the summer, and I always think of feathers as something for fall, and they were orange. Now I think even orange shoes have their time and place, but orange, feathered $925 mules in the middle of the summer did not scream to me, “I am your perfect must-have shoe.”

Now that my thoughts have turned to fall (even if the temperature does not yet agree) with all the usual furry, wooly goodness, why not feathers? I’m not sure why I think feathers fall into the more a fall thing than a summer thing category, but I like the texture paired with satins and velvets. Now that I think they are season appropriate, I’m taking another look at this pair especially since mules are back in a big way. At least these are in black, making them more practical if a $925 feathered shoe can ever be practical. Since it probably isn’t for most people, I’ve been on the hunt for a dup.


I haven’t been able to find a substitution that has the same long feathery look of the Ferreti’s except for this Jeffrey Campbell slide. This version may be more reasonably priced but perhaps even less practical than the original. Not only are they feathered but they also have crystal encrusted heels and embellishment across the toes. This version also has a bit of a heel and is available in fuchsia and turquoise, too. In comparison to the Ferreti, the Campbell is a little over the top, and I do prefer the Ferreti for having just enough drama. I will keep hunting for the perfect dup for these, and if I find one, I will let you know.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook