Fashion in Real Life

12:05 PM

Today starts a new kind of feature on The Bespoke Stylist.  So often people tell me that the looks they see in magazines are just not realistic for a variety of reasons.  Some are so trendy or out there.  Others don't seem appropriate for the women who are the majority of my clients either because they are too revealing or are never shown on women with average size bodies, and the majority of the time, they are just too expensive.  These new posts will try to take some looks out of the magazines that can be recreated and fit into everyday life.  I hope you enjoy them, and if you find something in a magazine and would like help recreating it, just let me know by leaving a comment below or sending me an email.
 
It might come as a surprise that one of my style icons is Grace Kelly, but why not?  She must have been doing something right; she was a movie star, and she married a prince.  As a dark brunette growing up in Southern California, maybe it was a case of the grass is greener on the other side, but I really wanted to have that cool, blond, East-coast look.  I absolutely loved the layout in the April issue of Vogue with Carolyn Murphy in the role of Grace Kelly and Toby Maguire as Jimmy Stewart from Rear Window especially this outfit. 

via Vogue
Shirt and Skirt: Oscar de la Renta
Belt: J Crew

If you don't have the budget for the Oscar de la Renta pieces try these budget friendly substitutes.

Skirt: ASOS
Blouse: Dorothy Perkins

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook