Office Outfit of the Day

8:31 AM

Boots: Pour la Victoire (On Sale)
Earrings: Bauble Bar
Handbag: Sophie Hulme

I am a sucker for texture.  Much more than color or pattern, I want to always incorporate texture into outfits.  Every since we were little, we have the desire to reach out and touch something that looks like it's shiny or bumpy.  During the warmer months, texture is one thing that is hard to incorporate because texture usually adds weight.  This dress jumped out at me while I was browsing through Stylebop.  At first, I really thought it was boucle, one of my favorite textures.  On closer inspection, it's a patterned silk in a very ladylike cut perfect for the office on a hot summer day.  To give it some edge, I've paired it with an ankle boot that has a discreet platform (and is on sale) and some amazing earrings.  You can wear an office-appropriate stud earring but still have edge when you find something like this rose gold and quartz pair.  You can also switch the boots out for a taller pair and throw on a black blazer like the one in this outfit when it starts to get cooler.  It took me forever to get my first gel manicure, but now I'm hooked.  They simply do last forever, but if you want to be more economical and do them yourself, invest in a system for home use.  That way you can even change it before it really needs it and not feel guilty about spending the money.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook